While writing a blog post you can sometimes get writer’s block I mean, It happens to all of us. When I get writers block I get tempted to just post my photos, with no words, and hit publish but that wouldn’t be a good and fulfilling blog post. I will then feel unsuccessful from that post and feel lazy for just posting the picture without really giving it my all.
Here are a few things I like to look into before I start a blog post that I am having some writers block with.
- Think about what you want to talk about or create.
- Use current events that are going on
- Feature an outfit for the season/ upcoming event
- What is the goal of the blog post? what do you want your readers to gain from your post?
- give others an idea of how to create a personal blog post to their liking
- share why you love a particular item you just purchased.
- share how you can style an item many ways and provide your audience with great details on why you choose those ways.
- Formatting- How do you want your post to look.
- How do you want the post to flow? I like to add my photos at the top of my blog post to provide you with the imagery first and grab attention.
- Having fun
- When you are writing a blog post you have to have fun with it. The main objective it to provide some type of insight to your audience on what you are talking about. You don’t want to sound monotone or boring so hype. it. UP!
There are many times as a blogger you will have writers block. This is the time I begin to use this strategy to ensure I’m curating my post to its full potential. I know especially now during this quarantine it can be hard to sit and focus on a topic to post on the blog and get to producing content, but with these steps you will be well on your way to producing quality content that you and your audience will love. Have you experienced writer’s block? if so, what are some ways your have dealt with it?
Need more help? Read this post about time management.