While I’m used to staying at home, something about this wavering feeling of the unknown and what our future can be like after this passes brings on a new form of anxiety for me, I will be sharing ways to manage anxiety while social distancing.
I have been practicing ways to manage anxiety while we are all social distancing. Now this time can be hard and though the uncertainty of our future is blurry our minds and creativity can be blocked, especially as a content creator. So here are some things I have been doing while at home to keep my mind clear and my heart happy.
- Organize home– This is great down time to really focus on getting things around your home organized. Have a closet with items about to tip over? What about your bathroom under cabinet that look horrendous? What about your kitchen pantry? This is a great time to get this organized, throw away products that you don’t need or that may be expired! See my home organization items here.
- Finish that Netflix Series: There have been so many Netflix series that I have started and then never finished, now is that time to catch up and finish them. See my list of Netflix shows here.
- Enjoy the Downtime: Relax, paint your nails, deep condition and treat your hair, learn a craft you have been dying to learn. Take this time to invest in you.
- Online Shopping: Retail therapy is always a great option, if you have to funds to do so now can be a great time to look for ways to revamp or bring new items into your closet.
While I have been an avid Shein shopper for some time now, I can’t get over finding such great deals and incredible quality in items like this top. I love the shade of pink because it is perfect for the spring and summer.
- Paint a room: Yes, I did this yesterday! I finally switched my office and my sons corner of our room and he now has his own room. My husband and I agreed that while he was small to have him in our room and now that he is 12 months and moving around so much it was time for him to have his own space. Now is time for us to try to get him to sleep in his own bed.
- Go outside and read a book: Although we are to be social distancing that doesn’t stop you from stepping outside, have a nice glass of wine and enjoy an e-book or reread a great novel.
- Stop Watching EVERY News Conference: This was one of the things that almost set me over the edge, watching the news at every hour each day is so draining and frightening.
- Sit down and reevaluate your goals: Just because we are going through this pandemic doesn’t mean you need to through all your goals and dreams out of the window. Take this time to reevaluate your goals and adjust them accordingly.