Becoming a new mom has brought light to a lot of the things I was doing and spending money on before baby, splurging on my nails twice a month was one of them. Luckily I found a solution to that not only allows me to still have the manicured look I love without the price it comes with, so here it is my guide to press-on nails that last and the current nails I am rocking.
I’ll start off by saying my younger sister put me on to this secret and I don’t think I will look back for a while, at least while I am budgeting and transitioning into this new phase in my life. The reasons why I decided to try out the press-on nails was because I had broken a nail while in Louisiana visiting my grandparents and one broke. I was so upset I was missing a nail that I took them all off because I would be out of town for another week. I went to the store and found a pair of nails I really liked and was so happy at the way they turned out.
Another reason I have a love for these is that I can conveniently put them on at home or on the go. I’m at the stage of motherhood where I don’t want to ask someone to watch my baby every time I want to do something. I don’t want to take him to the nail salon, so this is the next best thing and mama can keep her nails looking great at all times. So here is what you need to do to have press-on nails that last.
- File nails and shape them to ensure they are ready for application.
- Grab the correct nails you will need for the application. This pack comes with 28 nails so I only need 10.
- Apply glue your nail bed and a little on the back of the nail you are applying to ensure every inch of the nail is glued down.
- Push down the nail on the nail bed and position it so that it is nice and straight.
- Once nails are applied the final step you will need to do is shape the press-on’s to your liking. I kept the square shape but rounded the edges just a tad.
There you have it, now you will be putting on press on’s like a pro, all while saving major coins. Thank you for stopping by on today’s post!